Sabudana kichidi is an usual Indian brekky made out of Sago, yeah the starchy tapioca thingy. I could live just eating that for the reminder of my life 🙂 There is nothing but starch in it. Tried to make it with quinoa. Same taste but loads of good stuff could go into it. This is a healthy version packed with spinach, green peas – not the traditional one 🙂 Manu, who is a family friend of ours (happens to me my student as well-No I don’t give him extra marks :P) loved it 🙂 He wanted the recipe, I thought I would give it to the world 🙂
- Cooked quinoa-1 cup
- 1/2 potato boiled and broken into bits
- Spinach and green peas a handful each
- Groundnut coarsed ground-1.5 tbsp
- Coconut grated-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Green chili-1
- Juice from lemon-1-2 Tbsp (optional)
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp oil
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, once they pop, add green chili, potato, little salt, turmeric, fry for a couple of mins, add spinach and green peas, wait until peas are cooked
- Add cooked quinoa, salt, mix them all well, add grated coconut, ground groundnuts, salt, toss them together until they come together.
- Remove off heat and add lemon (optional)
- Yum 🙂 Potato with quinoa is heaven on plate. If you take spinach and green peas off, its close to the traditional recipe.