I am not into berries usually 😦 Not into sour fruits. Woke up this morning with an irresistible appetite for pancakes. No flour, No bananas, No chocolate chips – I know , I have to go grocery shopping 🙂 But had strawberries- one of my students gifted them to me on the last class – Thanks, Chris 🙂 Made these pancakes. Was divine.
- Buckwheat flour-1/2 cup [last 1/2 cup-my pantry is literally empty :P]
- Quinoa flakes-1/2 cup [This was such a good idea]
- Baking powder-2 tsp
- Salt-a pinch
- Soy milk-1 cup
- To be blended (4 ripe strawberries, 3 dates, 1.5 Tbsp apple sauce, 1.5 Tbsp maple syrup,1/3 cup raw almonds)
- Chia seeds-a tsp
- Dietary fibre-a tsp
- Olive oil spray
- Vegan butter-1 tsp-for topping
- Mix the (1, 2, 3, 4)- the dry ingredients first.
- To this add the blended strawberries, soy milk and whisk them well until they are no more lumps.
- Now add chia seeds, dietary fibre and mix them all well and let them sit for 10 mins to
- Heat a griddle and make pancakes. Top with choc chips (I used normal chocolate) and vegan butter 🙂
Please note: Adding choc chips into the batter makes the pancake taste 2000 times better 🙂