I opened my new pack of fennel seeds, the aroma triggered the invention cells in my brain 🙂 Fennel seeds, peanuts and coconut are best friends. They taste amazing when put together. Made this pumpkin curry, probably one of my best inventions so far. 🙂
- 250 gms yellow pumpkin – cubed
- 1 red onion- chopped fine (some goes into the curry, some into blender)
- Green peas – a handful
- Roasted Peanuts-15
- Black Mustard seeds-1 and 1/2 tsp
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tsp rice bran oil
- Fennel seeds- 1tsp
- 2 garlic pods chopped fine
- Salt-to taste
- Coconut-3-4 tbsp
- Dry red chilli-2 (vary this based on your spice limit)
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- A handful of chopped red onion
- Garlic – 3 nos
- Grind the ingredients to be blended into a smooth paste.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil, add mustard seeds, once it pops, add curry leaves, fennel seeds and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute before you toss the onions in
- Add little salt and sprinkle water to soften them. Add the chopped pumpkin, peanuts, green peas and saute for a minute and then add the blended paste, salt close and cook until pumpkins are real soft. Sprinkle water if needed.
- Once pumpkin is soft, add 2 tsp of cornflour to make the curry dry.