Dahl/Dal is a vegetarian Indian curry made from lentils. There are numerous ways to make Dahl with different types of lentils. Lentils is one of the most important source of protein for vegans, so I make sure I eat at least dahl twice a week. With Quinoa, it is protein times 2. 🙂 Best for lunch boxes and dahl could be used like a dressing with salad.
- Split black lentils-3/4 cup
- Yellow lentils-1/2 cup
- Red onion-1-finely chopped
- Tomato-1,ginger-a small piece, garlic-2 pods- blend them together
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder- 2 heaped tsp
- Coriander leaves-a hanful chopped
- Salt-to taste
- Lemon juice-optional-1/2 lemon
- Rice bran oil- 2 tsp
- Cloves-2, Cinnamon stick-1 small stick, cardamom-1, cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Quinoa cooked -1/2 cup
- Pressure cook split black lentils, yellow lentils without salt
- In a pan, oil, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin seeds, once they splutter, add onion, bit salt, water to fry the onions brown.
- Add the blended tomato paste, turmeric, chilli powder and sambar powder, fry until tomato is fully cooked. Add the cooked lentils onto this and mix them well and let it cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves in. Remove off heat and add lemon juice
- Mix with quinoa and enjoy 🙂