Vietnamese rice paper roll with coco-nut dipping sauce
Any time I walk past the Vietnamese takeaway shop in a food mall, I peek in to find out if there are any vegan rolls with just veges, it’s hard to find one. So time to make it myself. I was walking through the health isle in Coles, where I found this gluten-free rice paper. Each paper comes to around 27 calories.
Ingredients for filling
- Carrot, cucumber-julienne- 1 handful each
- Snowpea sprout leaves, Sprouts
- Boiled lentils
- Tofu-1 handful (Julienne them and fry with Mexican seasoning in 1tsp oil)
- Onion-1/4 chopped length-wise
- It is better to mix all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- Wet rice paper in warm water and place them on damp paper towel. Place the filling in and roll them based on the instructions on the rice paper packet.
Coco-nut dipping sauce
- Garlic-1 pod
- Raw almonds-12, Roasted peanuts-10, chia seeds-1/2 tsp, sunflower seeds, pumpkin kernels-1 tbsp each
- Caster sugar-1 tsp, 1 dry red chilli, 1/4 tsp tamarind paste, salt-to taste
- Light coconut milk- 3 Tbsp
- Onion-1/2 chopped fine
- Oil-1 tsp
- Blend all the ingredients in the first 4 bullet points together into a very very fine paste
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil, add onion fry well, add the blended paste, water and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Take it off heat and use it as a dipping sauce 🙂
- This is all healthy fat, but make sure it is just a dipping sauce.