- Yellow mung bean/moong dal-1 cup
- Tomato-1 chopped fine
- Garlic-20 pods
- Green chilli-1
- Mustard seeds, white urad dal, cumin seeds-1 tsp each
- Curry leaves-one strand; Coriander leaves-few
- Rice bran oil-1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add the yellow mung bean, shallots, tomato, garlic pods, green chilli and 3 cups water. Remember not to add salt to the lentils as that would extend the cooking time. Wait for 3 hisses for the dahl to cook well.
- Once the pressure is released, open the cooker, add salt and let the contents boil under very low flame.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat oil (make sure, its smoky hot), add mustard seeds, white urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves, add it to the cooker, add 1/2 cup water and let it boil. Add coriander leaves. After 2 mins, take it off heat.
- Adding lemon juice to the dahl is optional.
- Excellent with quinoa/brown rice