- Chayote squash–2 cut into small pieces
- Dry red chilli-3
- Mustard seeds, white urad dal-1 tsp each
- Curry leaves-one strand;
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Coconut-2 tbsp
- Gram flour-2 tsp
- Tamaraind water-enough to grind
- Asafoetida/Hing-1 pinch
- Rice bran oil-2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Grind coconut, dry red chilli, cumin seeds, gram flour with tamarind water.
- In a saucepan, add 1tsp oil and then when it is hot, add white urad dal and curry leaves and hing.
- Add the chopped chayote, salt, sprinkle water and cook until it is half cooked.
- Add ground paste, salt and water, cover and cook until chayote is cooked.